I’ve just put a new page up about the emotions that can effect sleep.
You know that there are a lot of factors underlying (‘scuse the pun) sleep disorders, and emotions are a significant reason for sleep disorders.
If you go to Getting Emotional About Sleep Disorders you’ll find the following:
- A list of reasons why people can’t sleep
- A list of emotions that get in the way of a great night’s sleep
- Examples of emotions that we deal with at work, at home and in the family situation that might keep us from sleeping well
- Some questions that might lead you to look at what you do, and how you react when presented with some emotionally troubling situations
- Solutions directed towards different emotions that are associated with your sleep disorders.
It is important to recognize and do something about your emotional problems. It is also important to put your emotions into perspective. e.g. everyone has some rough times in their life, there are good and bad things that happen in everyone’s lives.
Deciding what level of importance you place on the problems and emotions is vital – so that balanced solutions can be found.
Remember, there is always help if you ask for it.
And keep in mind that if you are depressed and don’t know where to turn, please contact one of the professional depression lines that is available in your country, Lifeline, Beyond Blue, Kids HelpLine etc.
If we didn’t feel, we wouldn’t be human.
In the comments below tell us if you found a great solution to an emotional problem you had or have – it would be great for everyone to be helped by your experience.